Description: "Power - Correctly Generated, Correctly Controlled, Correctly Applied to the Rear Axle," read advertisements by the Stanley Motor Carriage Company to distinguish their steam-powered vehicles from their gasoline-powered competitors, which were described as "internal explosion engines". Founded in 1902 by twins Francis E. Stanley and Freelan O. Stanley who were pioneers of steam car technology, the Stanley Motor Carriage Company was one of the best known steam-car manufacturers of the era yet had a set production limit of no more than one thousand cars per year in order to ensure quality and exclusivity as a luxury item. This 1924 Stanley Steamer 750A 5-passenger touring fixed-top is one of the last cars produced by the company, and is number thirty-nine of the 102 cars made in 1924. An original California car according to the Stanley Steamer registry, the earliest known owner was M.D. Hopper of Palo Alto. Surviving records indicate that Hopper had the vehicle serviced at Pacific Steam Motors of San Francisco as early as 1927. In 1966, the car was sold to George Gleichweit, and in April of 1973 it was sold to Robert P. Noble, when it was featured in an article of the Steam Automobile Quarterly titled, "Picking up a Stanley" written by Noble himself, who was chairman of the western division of the Steam Automobile Club of America. Noble owned the car until his passing in 2007, and was in the process of restoring it when he passed. The restoration was completed shortly thereafter by his family as a way to honor his love and dedication to steam-powered vehicles. This Stanley Steamer retains much of its original equipment, and according to documentation, a Cruban burner was installed in 1930. The car sits on its original wheels which are wrapped in Lester Tire Co. 6.00x23 tires, with an identical spare out back. Additionally the Stanley retains its original Warner-Patterson Company "Patterson-Lenz" headlight lenses in their original Solar 1130 headlight fixtures, both of which were standard equipment on Stanley Steamer 750's. The blue and black exterior of the Stanley shows nicely with only a few flaws, but overall still retains a deep shine that shows nicely. The black interior is free of rips and the upholstery and door panels are in excellent shape as is the gray suede headliner and the black vinyl top. Although the Stanley Motor Carriage Company closed its doors in 1924 because the company could no longer compete with gasoline-powered vehicles as they became more powerful and cost a fraction of what a Stanley Steamer sold for then, the Stanley Steamer nevertheless remains one of the best known and best selling steam-powered vehicles of the era. They exist now as a hallmark of an era of automotive history where the automobile transformed from experiment to manufactured product to everyday necessity in a relatively short span and then went on to change the United States and the world altogether. As one of the last ones built, this 1924 Stanley Steamer would be right at home in any collection as a rare and true piece of early American automotive history, and as one of a fraction of surviving examples, this Stanley Steamer is an important part of America's automotive heritage.